As one of the world’s leading providers of diesel engines Perkins is passionate about delivering excellent products and services that exceed our customers’ expectations.
With an 89-year history and more than 21 million engines behind us, our customers are in an ideal position to take advantage of a heritage of engineering excellence, as well as exceptional reliability and low operating costs throughout the life cycle across our comprehensive product range.
Working together to deliver the right solution
A commitment to collaboration defines the Perkins approach to doing business. We work alongside our customers at every step of the process—from initial design, through validation and production, to ongoing support in the field—to deliver power, service and productivity in exactly the way our customers want it.
With nearly nine decades experience of designing, building and servicing power solutions for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), Perkins offers its customers a range of proven engines that meet local and global emission standards and can be configured to cater for specific requirements.
Made in India
Customers also have greater peace of mind knowing that Perkins manufactures to the same rigorous process and quality standards worldwide. In India, Perkins has invested in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Aurangabad and Hosur to serve our valued customers both in Asia and around the world with dependable and productive engines.
Globally recognised as a leading provider of electrical power generation, Perkins provides power for prime, standby and critical applications, meeting all the key nodes. Our 400 to 2500 kVA engines are made in India at our Aurangabad and Hosur facilities. From data centres to hospitals and metro rails stations to commercial centres, our engines are trusted to provide the power people need, when they need it most – with more than 3 million generator sets worldwide powered by Perkins.
- Aurangabad: Strategically located within the Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor, our state-of-the-art production facility manufactures and supplies the complete Perkins® 4000 Series engine range for the power generation market, from 746 to 2500 kVA. With models from 6 to 16-cylinders, the 4000 Series diesel engines are a real powerhouse of electricity generation.
- Hosur: Located 40 kilometres from Bangalore, Hosur manufactures our 3- and 4-cylinder 1100 Series engines and the popular 2000 Series for the India market. The 6-cylinder, electronic, direct injection engines meet India’s CPCBII emissions standards at a prime rating and are also suitable for standby applications.
Sharing our expertise
By sharing our expertise, we strive to deliver exceptional power solutions that support the growth of India’s economy to a wide range of sectors:
- Data centres and critical applications: Helping safeguard businesses and their customers, our engines are trusted to provide vital back-up power in a wide range of critical applications – from data centres, hospitals and offices, through to power grids, health centres and universities.
- Metro rail: Helping meet India’s demand for dependable power, our engines are the right choice for power generation to the metro rail system delivering exceptional performance, durability and competitive low cost of ownership.
- Industrial: Our engines power the generator sets which help power the world’s industry, from water treatment and chemical plants to drainage in deep and remote mines.
- Retail, property and commerce: Perkins engines help provide reliable light and heating control in office complexes, shopping malls and prestigious property developments internationally.
- Hospitality: Our engines work quietly and reliability to provide continuous power and uninterrupted enjoyment at resorts, hotels, rock concerts and operas.
- Construction: We provide prime and standby energy to major construction projects around the world, helping keep workers safe and projects on track.
- Rental: Our engines provide mobile and temporary power in applications ranging from highway construction through to meeting the energy demands of remote communities or in areas with an unreliable energy grid.
Putting the customer first
Our team in India will always go the extra mile to support our customers. Learn more about Perkins in India and how we can collaborate to solve your power needs by visiting www.perkins.com/india